FAQ - Frequently Asked questions

Can I get a quote if I don’t have a registration number?

Yes. We understand that there may be circumstances where you won't have the registration number of the car you want to insure - it may be that you're thinking of changing cars and want to find out how much it would cost to insure. If you decide that you want to buy a policy, then you will need to know the registration number.

↑ Top

Do I need to provide evidence of my no claim discount?

If you decide to take out a policy with us, you'll need to provide evidence of your no claim discount, which must have been earned on a private car insurance policy. This is the original of your most recent insurance document from any insurer that shows the number of years' no claim discount you've earned, the expiry date of your last insurance policy and any claims you've made. Usually this is one of the documents in your renewal invitation from your last insurer.

↑ Top

I've been driving a company car for the last few years. Will you give me a no claim discount?

If you're a company car user who is moving to your own insurance, then we'll need a letter from your employer confirming that you were the sole user of the company vehicle, the dates you were covered under the company car scheme, details of any claims which occurred during this period and whether these were settled on a fault or non fault basis. The letter will also need to confirm that you no longer have a company car.

↑ Top

What should I do if I have an accident?

If you have an accident and need to have your car repaired, our priority is to get you back on the road again as soon as possible.

You will need to forward any information, and or a signed declaration to our office as soon as possible. A claim will always be settled quicker if a declaration form has been correctly filled in and signed by both parties.

↑ Top

Do you provide a courtesy car if I have an accident?

If you have paid the extra fee for our EasyOption and make a claim under your policy, we can provide a courtesy car while your own is being repaired. However, a courtesy car is not available if your car is off the road due to a mechanical failure or suffers minor damage that will cause the vehicle to be off the road for less than two days.

↑ Top

The courtesy car is insured by EasyInsurance and holds an excess of 300€, in the event of an accident or a claim, the client will be liable to pay the first 300€ of any repairs or damages. To this effect, a deposit of 300€ will be retained by EasyInsurance, in the form of cash or credit card details.

You'll be responsible for any fines for parking and other motoring offences you incur while using the courtesy car. You'll also be responsible for any congestion charges and tolls while using the courtesy car.

↑ Top

Am I covered when I drive abroad?

Your policy will provide the cover required for Spain, it also provides the cover you need by law to use your car in:

  1. any country which is a member of the European Union; and
  2. any other country for which the Commission of the European Community is satisfied that arrangements have been made to meet the requirements of EC Directives on insurance.

If you ask, we can provide an international motor insurance certificate (Green Card). At NO extra cost. As well as giving you an international motor insurance certificate (Green Card), You will also be covered for motoring legal protection and breakdown assistance cover.

↑ Top

How do I get my Certificate of Motor Insurance?

If you have taken insurance cover directly at our office, we will provide you with your policy immediately (in most cases), however if you have arranged cover via the net or over the phone, we will arrange for your policy to be sent to you by mail, or hand delivered depending on your area.

Does your policy cover me to drive other cars?

The simple answer to that question, is NO. Unlike Insurance in the UK, the cover in Spain is on the vehicle and not the person.

↑ Top

How can I pay for my Easyinsurance policy?

We offer our customers a choice of easy payment methods. You can choose to pay your premium by direct debit, debit card or credit card. Or, if you prefer, by cheque or cash in our office. We accept the following credit and debit cards:

Accepted credit cards ↑ Top

How can I renew my policy?

Approximately 4 weeks before your policy expires, we'll send you a renewal invitation by post which will show details of how to renew and what your new premium is. We may also contact you via sms or phone. We'll provide you with details of the terms on which your policy may be renewed. If we're unable to offer you a policy, we'll let you know and you may be provided with details of the terms on which your cover will continue via another Insurance company. By taking out a policy you agree to allow a change of your insurer at renewal.

If you pay your premium by direct debit, your existing policy may be automatically renewed, or your cover may continue to be provided through another insurer. You'll be notified of this before your policy expires and you'll be given details of the renewal terms including any changes in your policy cover. If you don't wish to renew your policy, you should tell us before your renewal date. If you don't tell us and your policy is renewed, we'll continue to make deductions from your bank account for the new premium.

↑ Top

Can I renew my policy if I haven't yet received my renewal invitation?

About 4 weeks before your policy is due for renewal, we'll provide you with the details of the terms on which your policy may be renewed. However, you can renew your policy before the renewal date. To do this please call our office on 902 31 04 04 (office hours : Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturday 10am – 1.30pm.

↑ Top